J.Tron y Cía was established in a five–story building on the corner of San Bernardo and Callejuela (now Venustiano Carranza and 20 de Noviembre). Joseph Léautaud moved to Paris to coordinate the business plan to build El Palacio de Hierro, while Joseph Tron 42organized the operations division.
200 thousand people lived in Mexico City when El Palacio de Hierro was inaugurated on 07/01/1891.
Joseph Tron moved to France. Henri Tron and his nephew, Joseph. M. Signoret took over the leadership of the stores in Mexico.
J. Tron y Cía was renamed El Palacio de Hierro S.A becoming the first department store in the country.
The Necatitlán workshop, which manufactured fashion garments for ladies and gentlemen as well as furniture, was inaugurated.